- The same concept as our model TF guard, but with a complete metal shield instead of see through polycarbonate.
- Heavy duty all-steel construction.
- Guard opens up for easy chuck access. Guard can be tensioned to be able to stay mid way up.
- Electrically interlocked with positive action mechanism and contacts.
- Ample wiring is included with this safety guard. Wire is shielded in plastic conduit.
- Available in multiple sizes and configurations to suit your application.
- Easy installation – Can usually be mounted in an hour with only two bolts!
To find what shield size you need, take down the diameter of the largest chuck you use on your machine. Multiply the diameter you measured by 1.5 and choose the shield size in A that is closest to your answer. Using this formula will guarantee that you will have room under the guard even though the jaws are open beyond the diameter of the chuck.
|TFM300||11 3/4″ (300mm)||9.5″ (240mm)|
option 7″ (180mm)
|TFM350||13 3/4″ (350mm)|
|TFM400||15 3/4″ (400mm)|
|TFM450||17 3/4″ (450mm)|
|TFM500||19 1/2″ (500mm)|
|TFM600||23 1/2″ (600mm)|
Example: A chuck diameter of 12″, multiplied by 1.5 gives you 18″. The closest measurement in column A is 17 3/4″ so we will therefore choose 17 3/4″ (450mm) in option “Screen Diameter A”.
Installation hardware and tools not included. We offer a separate installation kit that includes tools and hardware necessary for installation of this safety product.
You can buy the installation kit by clicking on the following link: Click here for the installation kit for this guard.
Why Have Safety Interlocking?
An electrical safety interlock prevents the machine from operating when the shield is opened. This safety guard features an electric switch that disables the machine’s motor. The switch is made in such a way as to prevents easy bypass of the interlock switch.
When we do on-site visits, we often see safety shields moved to the side and never put back on the machine. An interlock is a simple solution to prevention of safety guard misuse or removal.