We usually install these metal chuck guards on huge lathes. For medium to large machines, we prefer to go with the MAJOR model (click here). This guard has a front that flips open for chuck key access. And, the whole guard flips open towards the back for stuff like chuck removal with an overhead crane. Note that this thing is massive, and you might need a couple of people that are very handy with such things as making brackets and moving heavy objects.
Large Lathe Chuck Guard
- Heavy-duty, all-steel construction.
- Guard swings back for easy chuck access.
- It is electrically interlocked with positive action mechanism and contacts.
- A long cable is supplied with the interlock switches to connect to the machine’s electrical panel.
- Available in multiple sizes and configurations to suit your application.
Multiply the width of your chuck by 1.5 and choose the shield size in A that is closest to your answer. Using this formula will guarantee that you will have room under the guard even though the jaws are open beyond the diameter of the chuck.
|P/N||A (chuck dia)||B||C|
|TP- 700||24″ 600mm||35″ 883mm||19″ 472mm|
|TP- 800||28″ 700mm||39″ 983mm||19″ 472mm|
|TP- 1000||36″ 900mm||47″ 1183mm||23″ 572mm|
|TP- 1200||44″ 1100mm||55″ 1383mm||27″ 672mm|
|TP- 1500||56″ 1400mm||63″ 1583mm||31″ 772mm|