Small Interlocked Safety Shield
The TR-1 small interlocked safety guard with a curved screen includes robust safety features.
- Shield Size: 4 3/4″ x 7 3/4″ (120mm x 200mm)
- Vertical adjustment: 4″
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate (Lexan™) shield
- Built-in tamper-resistant electrical safety interlock switch
- The guard is adjustable vertically
- Mounted on a steel bracket that includes four mounting holes
The shield helps prevent entanglement hazards by protecting the rotating parts of a machine. If used on a small drill press, this guard also protects against projections such as chips and coolant. This guard will help prevent ejections from accidentally leaving chuck keys inside the drill chucks. Customers can also buy self-ejecting chuck keys for added safety. Click here to see our chuck key selection.
These shields meet or exceed OSHA, ANSI, and CSA standards for machine safety guarding. You may also be interested in the big brother version of this guard: TR-6, Medium Interlocked Safety Shield (Click Here).
Applications for This Guard
You can install this safety guard on a variety of machinery to cover and protect moving parts.
- Drill press chucks – You may need to fabricate brackets so that the shield mounts in the proper location.
- Rotating shafts – This includes balancers and rotating components that have adjustment points.
- Band saws – We have included a photo of this type of setup on this page.
- Small cutting tools – Examples include routers and cut-off wheels.