Medium Curved Safety Shield Product Features
The TR-6 is the larger version of the TR-1.
- Shield Size: 6 1/2″ x 7 3/4″ (170mm x 200mm)
- Shield is operator adjustable up to 4″ vertically.
- Includes positive mode electric safety interlock switch.
- Polycarbonate shield is more resistant to impact than plexiglass.
- May also be used to safeguard band saws, directly in front of cutting area.
The TR-6 small interlocked safety guard with a curved screen is simple, yet includes robust safety features. The screen is made out of impact resistant polycarbonate (Lexan™) material, which is used for its high impact strength. Most important, it includes a built-in electrical safety interlock switch which is tamper resistant. The shield is adjustable vertically and is mounted on a steel bracket that includes four mounting holes.
The shield helps prevent entanglement hazards by protecting rotating parts of a machine. If used on a small drill press, this guard also protects against projections such as chips and coolant. This guard will help prevent ejections from accidentally leaving chuck keys inside the drill chucks. Customers can also buy self-ejecting chuck keys for added safety. Click here to see our chuck key selection.
These shields meet or exceed OSHA, ANSI and CSA standards for machine safety guarding.
You can install this safety guard on a variety of machinery to cover and protect moving parts.
- Drill press chucks
- Rotating shafts
- Band saws
- Small cutting tools