Medium Curved Safety Shield
Useful to prevent access to rotating components, the curved shield covers 180 degrees and flips open around the mounting bracket. The bracket can be turned to have mounting holes on the inside or the outside.
(This shield is the larger version of the TR-1, which has a smaller shield size)
- Shield Size: 6 1/2″ x 7 3/4″ (170mm x 200mm)
- Four screw holes accept 8-32 or 10-32 screws or bolts
- The shield is operator adjustable up to 4″ vertically
- Includes a positive mode electric safety interlock switch
- A polycarbonate shield is more resistant to impact than plexiglass.
- You may also use it to safeguard band saws directly in front of the cutting area.
The TR-6 small interlocked safety guard with a curved screen is simple yet includes robust safety features. The screen is made out of impact-resistant polycarbonate (Lexan™) material. Most importantly, it contains a built-in electrical safety interlock switch, which is tamper-resistant. The shield is adjustable vertically and can be mounted on a steel bracket with four mounting holes.
The shield helps prevent entanglement hazards by protecting the rotating parts of a machine. This guard protects against projections such as chips and coolant if used on a small drill press. This guard will help prevent ejections from accidentally leaving chuck keys inside the drill chucks. Customers can also buy self-ejecting chuck keys for added safety.
These shields meet or exceed OSHA, ANSI, and CSA standards for machine safety guarding.
You can install this safety guard on various machinery to cover and protect moving parts.
- Drill press chucks
- Rotating shafts
- Band saws
- Small cutting tools