We are the leader for lead screw covers for large lathes. To keep the spring load through the full travel, we have developed the double boxed lead screw covers for screws longer than 23 feet.
- Protects screws from chip deposits, extending the life of machinery
- Made from high strength, heat-resistant Aramid fibers
- High strength spring retraction mechanism ensures sag-free operation
- Roll and spring mechanism enclosed in a welded steel box
- As cover retracts onto roller mechanism inside the steel box, chips that may have deposited onto the blind get wiped away to avoid damage to internal components.
Each model comes in a set of two sides, and each side has two boxes. These are installed on the left and right sides of the carriage. To figure out what size you need, take the length of the bed and take the closest measurement in the column “Length” below.
|AR-7000H300DB||7000 (275”)||300 (12”)|
|AR-8000H300DB||8000 (314”)||300 (12”)
Example: You measure a 290″ bed on your lathe. The closest measurement in column “Length” is 275″ (model AR7000), however, a better option would be the model AR8000. It is always better to have more than not enough.