Surface Grinder Safety Guard Features
This surface grinder safety guard prevents projections like wheel fragments or workpieces. It will prevent projections from hurting anyone standing nearby while the machine runs.
- Large, clear windows for high visibility
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate windows.
- Lightweight for easy installation.
- The built-in safety interlock switch ensures conformity.
- Custom-made to fit your machine.
- Doors slide open. Available with roller bearings or drawer slides.
- Doors are locked in place with an easy-to-use latch.
- Mounts directly on the table or machine
To build this guard, we need three measurements: A, B & C (See the photo below)
Why Safeguard Your Surface Grinder?
Ferndale Safety developed this surface grinder safety guard to prevent ejections from the work area. Two things could happen:
A) The wheel could shatter or explode due to the:
- Stresses on the grinding wheel, such as connecting to a workpiece too fast or too hard
- A wheel imbalance could be due to coolant pooling or a defective wheel.
- An internal defect, such as a hairline crack, could cause the wheel to shatter. An old wheel could also cause this.
When the wheel explodes, it turns at a high speed and can throw fragments at a high speed.
B) A thrown object or part can be caused by:
- The magnetic chuck left “off” accidentally
- The wheel could grab a loose or improperly positioned piece.
This surface grinder safety guard prevents ejections for the above scenarios and protects you and anybody in the immediate area.
Please take a look at our backsplash wall to provide a rear barrier. This guard only protects the front and sides of the work area and grinding wheel.
Please take note that this is a custom-made product to your specifications. All sales are final, with no returns or exchanges.