Surface Grinder Safety Guard Features
This surface grinder safety guard prevents projections like wheel fragments or workpieces. It will prevent projections from hurting anyone standing nearby while the machine runs.
- Large, clear windows for high visibility
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate windows.
- Lightweight for easy installation.
- The built-in safety interlock switch ensures conformity.
- Custom-made to fit your machine.
- Doors slide open. Available with roller bearings or drawer slides.
- Doors are locked in place with an easy-to-use latch.
- Mounts directly on the table or machine
To build this guard, we need three measurements: A, B & C (See the photo below)
Why Safeguard Your Surface Grinder?
Ferndale Safety developed this surface grinder safety guard to prevent ejections from the work area. Two things could happen:
A) The wheel could shatter or explode due to the:
- Stresses on the grinding wheel, such as connecting to a workpiece too fast or hard
- A wheel imbalance could be due to coolant pooling or a defective wheel.
- An internal defect, such as a hairline crack, could cause the wheel to shatter. An old wheel could also cause this.
When the wheel explodes, it turns high speed and can throw fragments at high speed.
B) A thrown object or part can be caused by:
- The magnetic chuck left “off” accidentally
- The wheel could grab a loose or improperly positioned piece.
This surface grinder safety guard prevents ejections for the above scenarios and protects you and anybody in the immediate area.
Please take a look at our backsplash wall to provide a rear barrier. This guard only protects the front and sides of the work area and grinding wheel.
Please take note that this is a custom-made product to your specifications. All sales are final, with no returns or exchanges.