Surface Grinder Safety Guard Features…
This surface grinder safety guard prevents projections like wheel fragments or workpieces. It will prevent any projections from hurting anyone standing nearby while the machine is running.
- Large, clear windows for high visibility.
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate windows.
- Lightweight for easy installation.
- The built-In safety interlock switch ensures conformity.
- Custom made to fit your machine.
- Doors slide open. Available with roller bearings or drawer slides.
- Doors are locked in place with an easy to use latch.
- Mounts directly on the table or machine.
To build this guard, we need 3 measurements: A, B & C (See the photo below)
Why Safeguard Your Surface Grinder?
Ferndale Safety developed this surface grinder safety guard to prevent ejections from the work area. Two things could happen:
A) The wheel could shatter or explode due to:
- Stresses on the grinding wheel, such as connecting to a workpiece to fast or hard.
- An imbalance of the wheel – This could be due to coolant pooling or a defective wheel.
- An internal defect such as a hairline crack could cause the wheel to shatter. An old wheel could also cause this.
When the wheel explodes, it is turning at high speed, and it could throw fragments at high-speed.
B) A thrown object or part can be caused by:
- The magnetic chuck being left off accidentally. Make sure the magnetic chuck has an electrical interlock.
- The wheel could grab a loose or improperly positioned piece.
This surface grinder safety guard prevents ejections for the above scenarios and protects you and anybody in the immediate area.
This guard only protects the front and sides of the work area and grinding wheel. You will have to make sure that the back is covered properly. Take a look at our backsplash wall to provide a rear barrier.