- Made of heavy duty sheet metal materials.
- Available standard with polycarbonate see-through shields or optionally, laminated safety glass.
- Guard is movable horizontally on a set of industrial grade linear slide bearings.
- Electrically interlocked safety guard with positive action mechanism and contacts.
- Ample wiring is included with this safety guard. Wire is shielded in plastic conduit.
- Available in multiple sizes and configurations to suit your application.
- MINOR AER L and MINOR SPECIAL L models include high power halogen lights.
Screen Sizing Information
To find what shield size you need, take down the diameter of the largest chuck you use on your machine. Multiply the diameter you measured by 1.5 and choose the shield size in A that is closest to your answer. Using this formula will guarantee that you will have room under the guard even though the jaws are open beyond the diameter of the chuck.
|MINOR||A (chuck dia)||B||C|
|AER||16″ (400mm)||19 1/2″ (495mm)||13 3/4″ (350mm)|
|SEPCIAL||20″ (500mm)||23 5/8″ (600mm)||17 3/4″ (450mm)|
Options: laminated glass & LED lights
Installation hardware and tools not included. We offer a separate installation kit that includes tools and hardware necessary for installation of this safety product.
You can buy the installation kit by clicking on the following link: Click here for the installation kit for this guard.
Why Have Safety Interlocking?
An electrical safety interlock prevents the machine from operating when the shield is opened. This safety guard features an electric switch that disables the machine’s motor. The switch is made in such a way as to prevents easy bypass of the interlock switch.
When we do on-site visits, we often see safety shields moved to the side and never put back on the machine. An interlock is a simple solution to prevention of safety guard misuse or removal.